Monday
I'm aware of the negativity that faces Mondays. I believe it must be the most hated of all days. The first day of another grueling week for students, workers, and certainly, stay at home moms. The house is typically a disaster from the weekend activities. Dishes are piled up, dirty laundry fills every hamper and corner of the house, children are cranky from staying up late two or three nights in a row, and husbands run off and leave the mess behind for the poor little wife. We wives just know that this place that husbands call "work" is simply a beautiful mix of spa treatments, chocolates, and quiet time with a favorite book. An escape from runny noses, stinky butts and screaming toddlers of which they refuse to share. So, while my husband is at "work" today, I will slave away by running after and caring for three kids, 5 and under. I'll be doing dishes, catching up on laundry (probably 4 loads with some remaining), homeschooling the eldest, teaching the youngest that screaming hurts our ears, and convincing myself that the middle will survive two brothers and hardly any one-on-one attention.
Here's to Mondays!
(Disclaimer: My husband is the hardest working guy I know and I'm so very proud of him. :-D )
Yay Mondays... I feel your pain. Husband just called to ask the name of a game they are playing at work... His work day is soo busy lol. He works hard, just not all the time. ;)
ReplyDeleteYep, Mondays are interesting at least. :) I love the weekends with my husband and hate to see him off to work, but the bacon must be brought home!
ReplyDelete