4:30 am
This is the time my youngest, R, awakens. M, my dearest husband, gets up and brings him to me, as he always does. (My theory is that this is the only way I can function all day while caring for 4 other people, but more on that later.) So, I, in my desire to finally begin weaning him from his beloved breast milk, decide that this would be an appropriate time to start. What do I do? I get R's sippy from the fridge. Not a big deal. I figure, "if he drinks it during the day, surely he'll take it at night". But instead of R drinking his moo milk, he really wants his mommy milk. So, he squirms and complains. No crying - that would be way too easy. Instead, he kicks M in the face. Turns around, kicks me in the face. Turns again, lays his head on my pillow and grants me a slobbery kiss, after I say "Ow", of course. At least the sweet little turd knows he's supposed to apologize when he hurts someone. <3 D & L have taught him that (because they are always apologizing!)
Then, off we go into the living room. I warm his milk a tad under some hot water. He still doesn't want it. Something has to work to get this kid to sleep!
He lays on the couch for a bit.
Nope.
I hold him for a bit.
Nope.
Change his diaper and put him back in bed.
Out.
6 am
Me - blogging - I've already had my coffee.....
No comments:
Post a Comment